Many families out there would love to have a hot breakfast during the week, but very few actually fulfill this desire simply because of a lack of time. Let’s face it, SLEEP is incredibly valuable to us moms!
So here is a solution to the whole hot breakfast vs. sleep problem. It’s called “Raisin Bran Muffins.” That’s right, turn your cold breakfast into a hot breakfast in no time at all. The best part is that the batter can stay in your refrigerator for up to six weeks. SIX WEEKS!!!! This means that after you’ve made up a batch once, you can enjoy several hot breakfasts without the extra prep time.
If you are like me, I like to do as many things in advance as possible. So here’s a little tip to help you get your extra sleep AND still provide your family with a yummy hot breakfast in the morning.
Put your muffin batter together the day before!
- Prepare your muffin pans and fill with batter
- Place the filled and covered muffin pans in your refrigerator
- Pre-set your oven before you go to bed to turn on 15 minutes before you normally get up
- Wake up at your normal time and pop your muffin tins inside the oven to bake
- ENJOY a hot breakfast with your family
Raisin Bran Muffins – by Toni Fuhrman
- 5 C. Flour
- 3 C. Sugar
- 20 oz. Raisin Bran cereal
- 5 tsp. Baking Soda
Mix Well Together:
- 1 C. Oil
- 1 qt. Buttermilk (make your own buttermilk using 4 T. lemon juice or vingegar with 4 C. 2% milk)
Bake in muffin pan @ 350 for 15-20 minutes. Keep in refrigerator for up to 6 weeks.
*NOTE: You can also fill each muffin with cream cheese by placing half the batter in each cup then a small slice of cream cheese and cover with the other half of the batter before baking. Ohhhhh so GOOD!!! 🙂